What It Is:
Wanelo (from Want, Need, Love) is basically an app that allows users to comb through and find certain styles and trending products in the fashion world. It’s a pretty popular app amongst women and younger teens.
Would My Child Want It?:
Style is huge with a certain subset of kids, especially as they get older and start to craft their own image. Any kid who has a trendy mindset might want to use WaNeLo to keep up with culture on what’s trending.
Where Can It Be Used?:
It’s an app, so any smartphone or app driven tablet.
What Should I Watch Out For?:
It’s a place to spend to see what’s cool, and therefore to spend money.
The more time your child spends on this app, possibly the more things you will be purchasing from the in-app purchase option.
This is a trending app for clothes, so some risqué images of women’s clothing can be present, but no nudity.
What Are The Positives?:
- Follow your favorite stores and people.
- Save or buy the things you love.
- Create collections, wishlists and registries for gifts, holidays, shopping lists and shopping inspiration.
- Buy gifts or save gift ideas for friends and family.
What Are The Negatives?:
- Its addictive by nature to see what’s trending in the fashion world, just be aware of time spent on this app.
What We Think:
If your child is interested in watching trends in clothing and apparel, this app is a good way for them to do that. Just make sure to watch out for in-app purchases, because those are easier to make than you might think.